“Fear of the Lord is the foundation of true knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline.” -Proverbs 1:7 NLT
God’s wisdom is different than man’s. God says in James 1:5, “If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking,” (NLT).
Some questions to ask:
1. Do you love God’s law?
2. Do you want to go deeper into God’s word?
3. Do you accept correction that is given in love?
4. Do you understand that you will still make mistakes?
God is waiting for you to seek Him. “Then Peter replied, ‘I see very clearly that God shows no favoritism,’” (Acts 10:34 NLT) and “If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer,” (Matthew 21:22 NIV). Pray for wisdom- don’t be foolish.
- Pray and ask God for wisdom.
- Thank God that He is no respecter of persons and all who believe can receive.