If we are unfaithful, he remains faithful, for he cannot deny who he is.
–2 Timothy 2:13 NLT
AWOL is a term used in the military that means “absent without leave.” How can this translate into your spiritual life? There are many things that can keep you AWOL from God’s presence: financial, physical, or relational are a few.
Satan’s sole purpose is to separate you from God. God gave you a free will, but He expects His children to seek Him. Strongholds keep you away from being fully committed to Christ. When you stop meeting for worship or studying the Word of God, you leave yourself open to the enemy of your soul. This is when you need to turn to the light of God’s love, not away.
God wants to guard your heart, and He is waiting for you to turn to Him. It is never too late to make up for the time lost. He says in Psalm 62:8 (NKJV), “Trust in Him at all times, you people; pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us.” There are times you may go AWOL, but repent and go forward. He is not looking to rebuke, scold, or accuse you—He is waiting with His loving arms wide open.
- Pray for strength that your heart will never go AWOL.
- Thank God that He is greater than our feelings and knows everything before we do it; He always understands.
Latest posts by Rosemary Valentino (see all)
- Your Story Isn’t Finished | Thursday | September 13 - September 13, 2018
- Love, Redemption, and Hope | Tuesday | August 14 - August 14, 2018
- Sing to the Lord! | Monday | August 13 - August 13, 2018