As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend.
–Proverbs 27:17 NLT
Answers to yesterday’s trivia questions.
1. There are sixty-six books in the Bible.
2. The Lord detests: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that kill the innocent, a heart that plots evil, feet that race to do wrong, a false witness who pours out lies, a person who sows discord in a family (Proverbs 6:16-19 NLT).
3. The last book in the Old Testament is Malachi.
4. On the fifth day God created fish and birds to fill the waters and the sky (Genesis 1:20-23).
5. Sister: Miriam; Brother: Aaron (Exodus).
6. John the Baptist. His message was, “Repent of your sins and turn to God, for
the Kingdom of Heaven is near” (Matthew 3:1-3 NLT).
7. The Golden Rule: “Do to others whatever you would like then to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets” (Matthew 7:12 NLT).
8. Angels came and took care of Jesus (Matthew 4:11).
9. “Three things will last forever—faith, hope, and love—and the greatest is love” (1 Corinthians 13:13 NLT).
10. Pieces of God’s armor: belt of truth, body armor of God’s righteousness, shoes of peace, shield of faith, helmet of salvation, and sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God (Ephesians 6:13-17).
- Thank God for the truth and wisdom in His Word.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to impart even greater insights into His Word.