No one ever hated his own body. Instead, he feeds and takes care of it, as Christ takes care of the church.
–Ephesians 5:29 GW
It’s wise that we learn to love and respect our bodies in a healthy way, not rejecting nor neglecting them. Keeping our bodies as healthy as possible is a form of spiritual discipline because our bodies are God’s workmanship, and they belong to Him. Therefore, it’s our duty to manage our bodies concerning how much and what we put into them daily.
If you’re living a healthy lifestyle, keep up the good work. Studies have shown that people who are relatively fit recover from sickness, illness, and injury more rapidly than those who are less healthy.
If you’ve been lax in taking care of your body, it’s not too late to begin. It’s amazing how God has designed our bodies to restore themselves as we take proper care of them.
When you know that you’re taking good care of the vessel God has given you, your self-image improves too. You’ll also reap the benefits of carrying out the wonderful plans God destined for you to achieve. Remember, “That you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in your midst?” (1 Corinthians 3:16 NIV). Refuse to settle for anything less than God’s best for your body, mind, soul, and spirit.
- Father God, pardon me for all the times that I’ve carelessly mistreated, abused, and sadly despised my body, Your vessel.
- Holy Spirit, help me care for the body God has entrusted to my care. Reveal things that aren’t healthy and help me omit them.
Latest posts by Barbara Alpert (see all)
- Shine Like a Glow Stick | Wednesday | October 17 - October 17, 2018
- Detecting the Masqueraders| Tuesday | October 16 - October 16, 2018
- Heart, Mind, Courage – Part 3 | Saturday | October 6 - October 6, 2018