We will not hide these truths from our children; we will tell the next generation about the glorious deeds of the Lord, about his power and his mighty wonders.
-Psalm 78:4 NLT
Life has many stumbling blocks. Children should be equipped to deal with obstacles that will confront them in life. The question is, how is this done? Without knowing the Lord personally, it is practically impossible.
But as an adult believer, you have the privilege to share God’s Word with the next generation. Proverbs 22:6 (NLT) tells you, “Direct your children onto the right path, and when they are older, they will not leave it.”
This world offers mixed messages to your children. They need to be able to stand on God’s truth, which is in His Word. Children need to hear about God’s love, mercy, and grace. As the Lord tells us, trials will come in life. But He also tells us that the strength of the Lord is our hope.
If they don’t hear about God’s promises, how can they have hope? Stay strong and look for opportunities to talk with your children or grandchildren. There is no greater gift you can give them. When you share how much the Lord loves them and will never abandon them, they are prepared for life.
- Thank God for His promise to walk with you throughout your life.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to speak through you when sharing with your children or grandchildren.
Latest posts by Rosemary Valentino (see all)
- Your Story Isn’t Finished | Thursday | September 13 - September 13, 2018
- Love, Redemption, and Hope | Tuesday | August 14 - August 14, 2018
- Sing to the Lord! | Monday | August 13 - August 13, 2018