I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances.
–Philippians 4:11 NIV
Are you content just to be loved by the one and only true God? The definition of “content” is to be in a state of peaceful happiness. That sounds like a place you would enjoy being. Selfishness drives you to try and get more and more for your flesh. When you experience God’s love, it fills you with satisfaction in your inner self and you no longer need to compare or compete with others!
Knowing your Father in Heaven sent Jesus to die for you is such an awesome reality—it should make you realize you are a daughter or son of the King of kings and the Lord of lords. To be content in the love of God is to know you will be with Him in your eternal home in Heaven. You will be welcomed with open arms by your Father!
For you to walk in victory every day, take your eyes off yourself and place them solely on Jesus (see Psalm 16:8).
- Pray, knowing that your God in Heaven loves you with a love that surpasses all understanding.
- Pray for unsurpassed contentment by keeping your eyes on God.
Latest posts by Denise Varga (see all)
- Worship in Spirit and in Truth | Saturday | October 13 - October 13, 2018
- Are You Fueling Up? | Sunday | October 7 - October 7, 2018
- Are You a Disciple? | Monday | September 10 - September 10, 2018