Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. –Isaiah 41:10 ESV
Cry out for joy! When things are not well, we want to cry out and be noticed. But what about all the other people who have it worse than us, why should our needs be noticed more than theirs? Maybe it’s just better to sit back and suffer through?
Heavens no! Our Abba Father longs for a relationship with us! That means that He wants to hear our cry for help, no matter how small or large. When David had difficul- ties, he cried out and even questioned God. When Job was being persecuted, he cried out for deliverance! When Jesus was in the garden, He cried out; and when He was on the Cross, He questioned His Abba Father.
The difference that we often miss is that God wants to hear from us when we are in distress certainly, but He also wants to hear from us when we are delivered and when things are well.
Give God the glory! He wants a full relationship with us. He is there right now waiting to hear your voice “in sickness and in health,” just like is said in wedding vows.
- Father, hear my voice when I am in pain and deliver me.
- Papa, I love You, and I thank You for Your mercy and grace!
Latest posts by Dave Thomas (see all)
- Cry Out for Joy! | Wednesday | October 31 - October 31, 2018
- Let the Son Shine Brightly! | Wednesday | September 26 - September 26, 2018
- Light of the World! | Sunday | September 9 - September 9, 2018