Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don’t get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes.
–Matthew 6:34 MSG
Have you thought about how God gave the Israelites their daily bread, the manna in the wilderness? In Exodus 16, He instructed them to take only a daily allotment. If they took more it would rot.
As in the Lord’s Prayer, you ask, “Give us this day our daily bread.” The Word tells you not to worry about yesterday or tomorrow, today has enough for us to concern ourselves with. Are you living today like there is no yesterday or tomorrow? Enjoy your life with family and friends daily. None of us know how long we are on this earth.
The twenty-four hours that are in a day are yours to enjoy with the Holy Spirit. He is your Guide to this life. As you enjoy your daily adventure, let God show you what one day at a time means. Seek Him daily in His Word and pray for wisdom and understanding. God wants you to grow and know what’s available to you from Him. God created you for a purpose. Your personal relationship with your Lord is a daily walk and the Word is your daily bread.
- Thank God for today, for all that’s He’s planned!
- Ask God to help you find joy in the present, not brooding over things you can’t control. (See Ecclesiastes 5:20 MSG, James 4:15 NKJV)
Latest posts by Denise Varga (see all)
- Worship in Spirit and in Truth | Saturday | October 13 - October 13, 2018
- Are You Fueling Up? | Sunday | October 7 - October 7, 2018
- Are You a Disciple? | Monday | September 10 - September 10, 2018