I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
–John 10:9 NKJV
Salvation is the door that opens the way to becoming conformed to the image of Jesus. God’s ultimate goal of predestination is that you will participate in His wonderful plan of salvation (see Romans 8:29-30). Jesus is the only door by which you may enter and be saved. Jesus is the only means you have of receiving eternal life.
Shepherds used to keep their flock safe at night when they were in the countryside by putting them in a rough circle of rocks piled into a wall with a small open space to enter. At night they would drive the sheep into the sheep pen and then they would lie across the opening, becoming the door to the sheep.
The actions of the shepherds are similar to those of our great Shepherd, Jesus. He vividly contrasted Himself with the religious leaders of His time, whom He described as “thieves and robbers” (see John 10). As followers of Christ, we hold that Jesus is both our Shepherd and the Door to the sheep pen. He provides for all our needs and protects us from the predators of this world, whose sole intent is to seek, harm and ultimately destroy (see 1 Peter 5:8).
- Pray to enter through the Door, Jesus, into abundant and eternal life (Luke 11:9-10).
- Know that Jesus died for you! He is waiting for you to accept His free gift of salvation.
Latest posts by Denise Varga (see all)
- The World | Friday | November 16 - November 16, 2018
- There is No Such Thing | Friday | November 9 - November 9, 2018
- Worship in Spirit and in Truth | Saturday | October 13 - October 13, 2018