When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the Lord appeared to him and said, “I am El-Shaddai—‘God Almighty.’ Serve me faithfully and live a blameless life.”
–Genesis 17:1 NLT
Would you like a deeper understanding of the name “El-Shaddai”? If so, parentcompany.com has a lesson regarding this all-powerful name of God. Here’s the teaching:
Definition: El-Shaddai means God Almighty. El points to the power of God Himself. Shaddai seems to be derived from another word meaning breast, which implies that Shaddai signifies one who nourishes, supplies, and satisfies. It is God as El who helps, but it is God as Shaddai who abundantly blesses with all manner of blessings.
Meaning: God desires to bless man and provide in abundance all of man’s needs. This name is indicative of a God who is powerful enough to do just that. Only an all-powerful God can bless all mankind with all manner of blessings.
Conclusion: God is powerful enough to provide His people with blessings. Not only is He powerful enough to do so; He wants to, but He also wants man to worship and obey Him.
Application: Obey all that God has commanded you to do. When you blow it and make a mistake, you can stop and ask God to forgive you and restore you to fellowship with Him that you might once again enjoy His blessings.
- Praise the Lord who provides for the forgiveness of your sins and who restores your soul to sing a new song to God Almighty.
- Take time to worship the Lord with all your heart, mind, and soul as you listen and sing the El-Shaddai song by Citipointe.
Latest posts by Barbara Alpert (see all)
- Shine Like a Glow Stick | Wednesday | October 17 - October 17, 2018
- Detecting the Masqueraders| Tuesday | October 16 - October 16, 2018
- Heart, Mind, Courage – Part 3 | Saturday | October 6 - October 6, 2018