Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
–Psalm 51:10 NKJV
Have you come before the Lord to empty out your heart, which allows Him to lift you up and bring you into His perfect light? The more you empty yourself, the more He can fill you with His goodness and mercy.
As you learn about what brokenness means, you can see how the Holy Spirit can use your brokenness. Realize that your brokenness is making a way for Him to make you whole and fill you with His righteousness. This is what your earthly walk is all about.
Your brokenness is about Him filling you with His perfection. You were born into an imperfect world, but God so loved you He sent the perfect sacrifice, His Son, to fix you and repair your broken heart.
When you allow this perfecting work, God will allow the Holy Spirit to fill you up. That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong (2 Corinthians 12:10 NLT).
You are stronger when you realize Christ’s strength is there for the asking. You have to step down off the throne and allow Him to be King of kings and the Lord of your life.
- Thank God that the very thing you are afraid of—your brokenness—is the door to His heart.
- Thank God that as He strengthens your weaknesses, you become more like Him!
Latest posts by Denise Varga (see all)
- Worship in Spirit and in Truth | Saturday | October 13 - October 13, 2018
- Are You Fueling Up? | Sunday | October 7 - October 7, 2018
- Are You a Disciple? | Monday | September 10 - September 10, 2018