He saved us, not because of the righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy….
–Titus 3:5 NLT
No amount of good works will provide you entry into Heaven. Faith in Christ is the only way you will enter into the new Heaven and earth God is creating. Your eternal salvation is based upon Christ’s dying on the Cross for your sins. God loves you regardless of the things you do for Him.
But that doesn’t mean that God is okay with you living your life without serving others. Scripture states, “Trust in the Lord and do good…” Psalm 37:3 NIV. Your giving simple acts of kindness, good deeds in serving, and your reaching out to help those in need—done from the wellspring of a divine heart—are akin to deposits being made to your eternal bank account.
Don’t let the enemy, your flesh, or worldly teachings rob and steal from the blessings God has in store for you in eternity. Instead, wisely invest your time, talents, and treasures. Stay strong in your faith and continue on in good works as the Holy Spirit prompts and directs. Jesus said, “For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works” (Matthew 16:27 NKJV).
- Pray that God would give you wisdom to invest your time, talents, and treasures wisely while here on earth.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to give you a deeper revelation of God’s love for you and His concerned heart toward those in need.
Latest posts by Barbara Alpert (see all)
- Shine Like a Glow Stick | Wednesday | October 17 - October 17, 2018
- Detecting the Masqueraders| Tuesday | October 16 - October 16, 2018
- Heart, Mind, Courage – Part 3 | Saturday | October 6 - October 6, 2018