The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; he rescues those whose spirits are crushed.
–Psalm 34:18 NLT
Life is full of disappointments. Some of the biggest ones can come from those closest to you. Those you love can sometimes hurt you the deeply. Sometimes you may not understand how the conflict arose. A hurtful situation can cause depression or anger. You may reach out to someone close and hope for guidance, but the person’s advice may fall short. You may turn to prayer and still not be able to get past the pain.
You may not be functioning the way you should, and you just may not be able to put it behind you. You know you should leave the disappointment at the foot of the cross. You have all the Scripture verses about forgiveness in front of you—yet, you are overwhelmed and have shut down.
Place the rejection and pain in God’s hands and let Him work it out—one day at a time. You have a choice whether to stay in that condition. He is the only One you can always depend on to help you through. God knows you are unable to humanly understand. You can’t see the final outcome, but He can.
God can restore what is broken—all you need is faith. Remember, you matter to God.
- Humble yourself before God and believe He can heal your heart.
- Pray for peace that surpasses all understanding.
Latest posts by Rosemary Valentino (see all)
- Your Story Isn’t Finished | Thursday | September 13 - September 13, 2018
- Love, Redemption, and Hope | Tuesday | August 14 - August 14, 2018
- Sing to the Lord! | Monday | August 13 - August 13, 2018