For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.
–Hebrews 4:12 NIV
Satan tells us lies from our past and reminds us of our insecurities, hurts, and whatever else he thinks will take our minds off our true path and destination. The Word of God calls Satan a liar in John 8:44. Why do we listen to the enemy? Why do we believe his words instead of God’s Word? When the enemy of our soul starts his mind games, we need to remember our fighting words. What are fighting words? They are the truths found in God’s Word!
According to Rick Renner, author of Sparkling Gems from the Greek, the Word of God is like a two-edged sword. Two-edged comes from two Greek words: di that means two and stomos that means mouth. When we use God’s Word in a situation, we are using words that come from the mouth of God. As we then speak these words, we are releasing God’s Word out of a second mouth of the two-edged sword, or literally, the “two-mouthed sword.”
Protect yourself from the enemy’s lies by staying in the Word daily. “For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms” (Ephesians 6:12 NIV).
- Thank God for His Word and for the power it gives you to fight against the enemy on a daily basis!
- Declare to God that you are victorious and that He is your Father!
Latest posts by Denise Varga (see all)
- The World | Friday | November 16 - November 16, 2018
- There is No Such Thing | Friday | November 9 - November 9, 2018
- Worship in Spirit and in Truth | Saturday | October 13 - October 13, 2018