But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.
–1 Corinthians 1:27 NIV
In the movie, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, there’s an Island of Misfit Toys where the broken, defective, and unwanted toys live. For various reasons, these misfits were not chosen to be placed in homes. However, toward the end, the grieving misfits cheered up when Santa and Rudolph arrived to pick them up and find them homes where they’d be loved and enjoyed by others.
If you’ve been feeling as though you’re one of God’s misfits, know that God chose you to be part of His workshop—the Church—filled with broken, hurting, and misfit people. He cherishes you and has a good cause for your life. He knew what He was getting into when He adopted you into His family. You are no accident nor surprise to Him. You hold a valuable niche in God’s master plan being put together, not by humans, but by God.
Today, start believing that God has a plan and purpose for your existence. Be daring! Step out in faith and find the niche God destined you to achieve. There you’ll find joy, contentment, and fulfillment. Remember, through your weakness God makes you strong for the assignment He handpicked for you.
- Pray that God will increase your faith in believing His greater plan and vision for your life.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to empower you to fulfill the niche God has for you within your home, your workplace, and His Church.
Latest posts by Barbara Alpert (see all)
- Shine Like a Glow Stick | Wednesday | October 17 - October 17, 2018
- Detecting the Masqueraders| Tuesday | October 16 - October 16, 2018
- Heart, Mind, Courage – Part 3 | Saturday | October 6 - October 6, 2018