Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in him!
–Psalm 34:8 NLT
Do you make the same resolution to lose weight, but to no avail? Consider these “Food for Thoughts.” What can food do? “Food can fill our stomachs. It cannot fill our souls. Food can nourish our bodies. It cannot nourish our hearts and minds. Food can make our taste buds happy. It cannot make us happy. Food can give momentary pleasure. It cannot give lasting pleasure. Food can distract us from our pain. It cannot take away our pain.” –Author Unknown
What can God do? God can satisfy your soul with His peace as you delight in Him. God can nurture your heart with His love and renew your mind by His Spirit. God can make you joy-filled from within as you take refuge in Him. God can surround you with His daily presence with the promise to never leave you nor forsake you. God can take your pain away if you seek Him and allow His Spirit to comfort you.
Food cannot fill the void within you that only God can fill. “Seek and deeply long for the Lord and His strength [His power, His might]; seek and deeply long for His face and His presence continually” (Psalm 105:4 AMP).
- Let God know how sweet the taste of His presence, Word, and promise is! That they taste sweeter than milk and honey.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to help you exercise self-control when tempted so you can stay on course with your God-inspired goals.
Latest posts by Barbara Alpert (see all)
- Family Feud of Harmony | Tuesday | September 18 - September 18, 2018
- Let Christ Shine Through You | Sunday | September 16 - September 16, 2018
- Like Play-Doh in His Hands | Friday | September 14 - September 14, 2018