How long, Lord? Will you forget me forever? How long will you hide your face from me?
–Psalm 13:1 NIV
The Forget-Me-Not plant is known as an emblem of faithfulness and friendship. It’s been said, “After God named all the flowers in the garden, one little flower cried, ‘forget-me-not,’ and God decided that would be the perfect name for the little flower.”
Are there times when you thought God had forgotten you? However, in the midst of your uncertainty He reveals Himself to you in a unique and personal way. That’s God’s way of assuring you that He has not forgotten you. His faithfulness to you is greater than a close-knit friendship. He never forgets about you. His Word says, “…Yet I will not forget you. See, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands…” (Isaiah 49:15-16 NKJV).
Just as God is faithful to you, you need to remain in friendship with Him through faith, trust, and obedience. “…If you do, you will remain in fellowship with the Son and with the Father. And in this fellowship we enjoy the eternal life he promised us” (1 John 2:24-25 NLT). Forget not what He has done, is doing, and His promise of eternal life. Whenever you think God has forgotten you, remember the little Forget-Me-Not flower and say, “God, forget-me-not.”
- Ask God to forgive you for ever doubting His faithfulness to you. Thank the Lord for having a personal relationship with you.
- Worship God, from head to toe, bless His holy name! Praise God, for His presence and promise to never leave or forsake you!
Latest posts by Barbara Alpert (see all)
- Family Feud of Harmony | Tuesday | September 18 - September 18, 2018
- Let Christ Shine Through You | Sunday | September 16 - September 16, 2018
- Like Play-Doh in His Hands | Friday | September 14 - September 14, 2018