That energy is God’s energy, an energy deep within you, God himself willing and working at what will give him the most pleasure. –Philippians 2:13 MSG
We all know that we need physical food to fuel our bodies daily, but we also need spir- itual food. When we read His Word, pray, and listen for His voice, we are eating our spiritual food.
God provided His Word to help guide and direct us on our daily paths. We can refill our spiritual tank when we read the Bible. Our relationship with God needs to be a priority, so we need to set aside time each day to thank Him for what He’s already done for us and will do for us in the future.
His Word tells us in 1 Thessalonians 5:17 (NIV) that we need to “pray continually.” During your quiet time, turn off the world—cell phones, computers, radios, and TVs. Talk to God and then LISTEN. He loves us and wants a relationship with us! God cares more about our desire to connect with Him than how eloquent the works are that we use to pray to Him. God always meets us where we are and will always give us the spiritual fuel we need by showing us His love and His promises to us found throughout the Bible.
- Find time each morning to pray, asking God what He wants you to learn today, and by doing so, you will eat your spiritual breakfast.
- Keep fueling up on His Word and being the light that shines in this dark world by eating your spiritual food.
Latest posts by Denise Varga (see all)
- So Very Thankful For So Much | Tuesday | November 20 - November 20, 2018
- The World | Friday | November 16 - November 16, 2018
- There is No Such Thing | Friday | November 9 - November 9, 2018