For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
–Romans 6:23 NKJV
Watching a loved one take their last breath isn’t easy. It causes grief, sadness, and, a lot of times, regrets. You think of times you could have spent with the person, said a kind word, or just enjoyed his or her company. Each life is a gift from God—whether it was a minute or 90-plus years—and each moment is a gift from the Father above. He gives life and at the time of His choosing takes it back.
Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 states there is a time for everything. Make the best of your time with your loved ones. Trust that the Lord is with you and appreciate the journey of your life. God is at the helm guiding and showing you His way to make the most of each and every day. As Joyce Meyer puts it, “God wants you to enjoy your life every day, not just occasionally.” As you go about your day, make your goal to enjoy the day at hand and rejoice in the Lord. (See Psalm 118:24.)
- Thank God for His grace that changes us on the inside.
- Ask God to help you live out His joy, from the inside out, with the Holy Spirit’s help. (Psalm 16:11 NKJV: “You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy….”)
Latest posts by Denise Varga (see all)
- Worship in Spirit and in Truth | Saturday | October 13 - October 13, 2018
- Are You Fueling Up? | Sunday | October 7 - October 7, 2018
- Are You a Disciple? | Monday | September 10 - September 10, 2018