“One day Ruth the Moabite said to Naomi, “Let me go out into the harvest fields to pick up the stalks of grain lift behind by anyone who is kind enough to let me do it,” Naomi replied, “All right, my daughter, go ahead.” -Ruth 2:2 NLT
God’s timing is perfect. When Naomi and Ruth entered Bethlehem, it was harvesting time. Since they were in need, the barley harvest allowed Ruth the opportunity to glean the fields. While there, Boaz, the owner of the field, noticed her.
From that moment on Boaz took special care of Ruth. After gleaning all day long Ruth sowed into Naomi’s life from all that she received. In return, Naomi planted into Ruth’s life words of knowledge and wisdom.
(Read Ruth Chapter 2) No matter where you are, God is watching over you like Boaz watched over Ruth. Boaz knew everything that Ruth did for Naomi, and God knows all that you are doing in the lives of others regardless of your suffering or hardship.
God can take care of all your needs; you need not roam elsewhere. God has many ways for you to glean from His storehouse of blessings. Just like Boaz asked his workers “on purpose” to leave behind extra barley for Ruth, God will place it on people’s hearts to sow into your life; whether it be a financial blessing, a word of encouragement or a helping hand. You can trust in God’s provision and protection.
- Thank God for watching over you and your loved ones and for providing for your daily needs.
- As you read Chapter 2 of the book of Ruth, ask God for revelation to what He wants to reveal to you in a personal way.
Latest posts by Barbara Alpert (see all)
- Shine Like a Glow Stick | Wednesday | October 17 - October 17, 2018
- Detecting the Masqueraders| Tuesday | October 16 - October 16, 2018
- Heart, Mind, Courage – Part 3 | Saturday | October 6 - October 6, 2018