Joseph had a dream, and when he told it to his brothers, they hated him all the more.
–Genesis 37:5 NIV
Maybe your God-given dream is buried within because of fear, procrastination, or rejection. Perhaps you shared your wishful vision with others, but they did not believe in you or your abilities.
Regardless of their unbelief, do not allow the dream that God gave you to remain dormant. He has a purpose for it and only you can fulfill it. Great ambitions come true when you seek God, step out in faith, and take action. Is it time to start writing that manuscript, compose those lyrics, or sign up for that mission trip?
When you partake in your Father’s dream for you, life becomes more fulfilling and your destiny begins to unfold. God’s Word says, “Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a dream fulfilled is a tree of life” (Proverbs 13:12 NLT).
As you do your part, God is working behind the scenes on your behalf. It won’t happen overnight, but if you diligently work at it, He will line you up with the right people, resources and opportunities at each starlight intersection of your journey.
- Thank God for His plans for your life, and His ability to bring them about.
- Ask God to help you persevere as you wait on His timing.
Latest posts by Barbara Alpert (see all)
- Family Feud of Harmony | Tuesday | September 18 - September 18, 2018
- Let Christ Shine Through You | Sunday | September 16 - September 16, 2018
- Like Play-Doh in His Hands | Friday | September 14 - September 14, 2018