The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives.
–Psalm 37:23 NLT
Have you ever walked the beach and found yourself trying to walk in the footprints of someone else? Chances are it felt awkward. Why? Because God fashioned you with a distinct stride.
Following the path of others — isn’t God’s will for your life. In fact, doing so will lead you away from your God-guided path. God has a road for you to travel; one that leads to the destination He has distinctly prepared for you.
Since you walk by faith, you will not know everything along the way. You’ll need to keep asking God for direction, be sensitive to His leading, and proceed accordingly. As you travel this narrow path, trust that the Lord is with you every step you take.
Others may misguide you, your flesh may want to take an easier route, and the enemy may try to lure you into a ditch, but God will never mislead you. He will point out the truthful way for you to take. There, He’ll provide for your needs, protect your footprints, and help you fulfill your destiny. Should you detour, quickly repent and God will guide you back to the correct path He wants your feet to travel.
- Thank God that He has a good path for your feet to travel as He faithfully leads you each step of the way.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to help you stay on the path of God’s choosing.
Latest posts by Barbara Alpert (see all)
- Shine Like a Glow Stick | Wednesday | October 17 - October 17, 2018
- Detecting the Masqueraders| Tuesday | October 16 - October 16, 2018
- Heart, Mind, Courage – Part 3 | Saturday | October 6 - October 6, 2018