For a wide door for effective work has opened to me, and there are many adversaries.
–1 Corinthians 16:9 ESV
When God opens doors of opportunity for you to walk through, you may encounter “opposition” from three areas:
- The first comes from yourself. When fear enters your mind, to cast those fearful thoughts aside, trust that God is with you and that you have what it takes to do whatever new thing He is calling you to.
- The second is from others. For whatever reason, some people aren’t thrilled to witness others move forward. For this reason, you need self-confidence to proceed forward regardless of what others say.
- The third is from our archenemy. Anytime God opens new doors of opportunity in your life, the enemy will try to block you. Satan doesn’t want you to have new areas of growth or claim new territory for God’s Kingdom. Resist his attacks and courageously walk through the doors God opens before you.
The Bible says, “Do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded” (Hebrews 10:35 NIV). The next time an opportunity comes your way— shake off your fear, dust off what naysayers say, and stomp over the obstacles the enemy places in front of you. You will make the devil mad and God glad!
- Ask God to give you the courage to say, “Yes” when opportunities come your way and the wisdom to say “No” to the ones that won’t bring God glory.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to increase your confidence so you can boldly step forward when God-opportunities come your way.