Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.
–Hebrews 12:1 NIV
In auto racing, pit stops are taken during the race for refueling, tire changes, and repairs. Drivers do not race on their own. They have a team who supports them throughout the race. Without strategic pit stops drivers could run out of gas, blow a tire, and drastically alter their ability to finish the race.
Your life is like a race that requires faith, discipline, and endurance. Strategic pauses help you stay in the race God has designed for you. God-ordained pit stops protect you and guard others. When properly taken, pit stops have the power to refresh and refuel you, to refine and realign you, and allow you to reflect and recognize God’s handiwork in your life.
God does not want you to run out of zeal, to speed ahead of Him, to allow the enemy to steer you off course, or for you to crash into someone else’s life. It’s important for you to accept and appreciate all your God-ordained pit stops gladly. You are not in a race to win one trophy. There are many finish lines God wants to witness you cross over victoriously. Intentionally plan some breaks with God so you can stay on track and finish your race well.
- Ask God to reveal whether you’re on track with His will and to help you stay on the right course.
- Pray that the Holy Spirit will empower and fuel you to make progress strongly and steadily in your journey with God.
Latest posts by Barbara Alpert (see all)
- Family Feud of Harmony | Tuesday | September 18 - September 18, 2018
- Let Christ Shine Through You | Sunday | September 16 - September 16, 2018
- Like Play-Doh in His Hands | Friday | September 14 - September 14, 2018