God’s blessing makes life rich; nothing we do can improve on God.
–Proverbs 10:22 MSG
One definition of a “blessing” is a gift, benefit, or an advantage designed to increase your happiness and well-being. A blessing is given as well as spoken. The spoken blessing is a powerful way to release God’s goodness over your life and the lives of others.
Numbers 6:24-26 (NKJV) is a spoken blessing demonstrating God’s will for you:
- The Lord bless you and keep you—or, increase you in prosperity and protect you from all harm.
- The Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you—or, give you His favor.
- The Lord lift up His approving countenance upon you—or, take pleasure in you,
- and give you His peace—or, provide all things necessary for your total well-being bringing you wholeness.
God’s ultimate blessing is the gift of His Son. Through faith in Christ’s completed work, you receive God’s forgiveness, righteousness, and His in-dwelling Holy Spirit, gifting you with His grace to restore peace, protection, and prosperity in every area of your life. The blessing of Jesus gives you access to God’s throne, affording you every advantage and benefit to live a rich life.
Receive God’s blessing. Speak it by faith. The blessing of the Lord makes you truly rich.
- Thank the Lord for His blessing that gives you everything needed to live the life God designed for you.
- Speak a blessing of God’s goodness over the people in your life—even those whose company you may not enjoy.