And I will give them one heart and one purpose: to worship me forever, for their own good and for the good of all their descendants.
–Jeremiah 32:39 NLT
Are you aware that too many outside responsibilities can detour you from the ministry work God has placed under your roof? God loves a servant’s heart, but if He has blessed you with a family, then you’re responsible to take care of what He’s entrusted to you. If you’re married, your ministry is toward your spouse.
If you have children, your ministry is toward them, too. Priorities start in the home—and then spread to careers, friendships, and ministerial pursuits.
Refuse to allow too many outside duties to dilute your role as a spouse and parent. Your household deserves more than just crumbs. Make a commitment within your home to serve, respect, and value one another. As written in Ecclesiastes 4:12 (NIV), “Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.” Allow God to be the third strand who keeps, builds, and holds your family together.
“Integrity and love” is the hallmark of a Spirit-filled life that loves God and does the best “homework assignment” possible. God’s kingdom work starts within your heart, then spreads throughout your family life, and so forth.
- Ask God to search your heart and tell you if you have been neglecting important responsibilities within your home.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to help you discern and prioritize what’s truly important to God, your family life, and other pursuits.
Latest posts by Barbara Alpert (see all)
- Family Feud of Harmony | Tuesday | September 18 - September 18, 2018
- Let Christ Shine Through You | Sunday | September 16 - September 16, 2018
- Like Play-Doh in His Hands | Friday | September 14 - September 14, 2018