Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
–Matthew 11:28-29 NIV
One of the surest ways to keep your life in balance is to draw close to God on a daily basis. As you focus on God’s priorities, your priorities will come into alignment with His, resulting in a manageable and enjoyable life. Not only will you benefit, but those around you will benefit too, and you’ll grow closer to God in the process.
Keep in mind that there will be occasions when God might add extra things to your dish for a season, but He will give an additional dose of His grace to see you through those times. However, it’s important that you recognize when His grace has lifted and bring yourself back into balance so you function within the center of His will.
Seek not to be distracted by the preparations for each day. Instead, aim to make Jesus the center of your daily dish. Then you will know more precisely what matters and what doesn’t. You won’t be speaking harshly to others or running on empty, risking exhaustion, frustration, and discouragement. Instead, your daily load will be fulfilling, rather than a full dish about to break. A healthy balance is good for your soul.
- Pray that God would reveal to you what errors you have made so you can ask for forgiveness and carry on with the great plans He has for your life.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to help you set healthy boundaries and margins that will allow you to live a life of influence while paving the way to leave a godly legacy.
Latest posts by Barbara Alpert (see all)
- Shine Like a Glow Stick | Wednesday | October 17 - October 17, 2018
- Detecting the Masqueraders| Tuesday | October 16 - October 16, 2018
- Heart, Mind, Courage – Part 3 | Saturday | October 6 - October 6, 2018