For who has known the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ. –1 Corinthians 2:16 NIV
First, if you currently hold a bruised, calloused, or defiant heart, know that God under- stands the condition of your heart. Rest assured that no matter how tainted, broken, or rebellious your heart might be, God offers you forgiveness and a new heart. Ezekiel 36:26 (NIV) says, “I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.” Seek God with a humble heart so He can restore and bring newness to your heart.
Second, we all know that our minds are receptive to a vast amount of information, ideas, and influences. Left unguarded, we run the risk of ruining our lives. In Romans 8:5 (NIV) Paul noted, “Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires, but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.” If your mind is wavering, ask the Holy Spirit to shape, renew, and govern your thoughts.
Pray: “Holy Spirit, I ask that You would renew my mind so that I will know more precisely what God’s will is for my life.”
- Create a clean heart in me, O God, and renew a faithful spirit within me(Psalm 51:10 GW).
- Ask that the Holy Spirit would make known to you the true condition of your heart and mind. Be open to correction and change.
Latest posts by Barbara Alpert (see all)
- Shine Like a Glow Stick | Wednesday | October 17 - October 17, 2018
- Detecting the Masqueraders| Tuesday | October 16 - October 16, 2018
- Heart, Mind, Courage – Part 3 | Saturday | October 6 - October 6, 2018