I’ve told you all this so that trusting me, you will be unshakable and assured, deeply at peace. In this godless world you will continue to experience difficulties. But take heart! I’ve conquered the world. –John 16:33 MSG
Yesterday’s first and second points about restoring and guarding our hearts leads us to our third and final point. We need the courage to face our fears, overcome obsta- cles, and face the future. In 1 Corinthians 16:13 (NIV), Paul writes, “Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong.” As followers of Christ, we must recognize that God is with us always. We need not be afraid. As believers, we have the power of the Holy Spirit within us to go forward wholeheartedly, mindfully, and courageously in all that God calls us to do.
Until your earthly voyage ends, be open to working diligently with God’s indwelling Spirit with all your mind, heart, and soul as you travel the narrow road on which He has you journeying. Be encouraged by the traveling companions God brings into your life while striving to encourage others. Remind yourself daily that you have the heart of God, the mind of Christ, and the power of the Holy Ghost within you. In time, God will bring you safely to your true homeland, Heaven, where He resides, and you will finally see the Lord and your loved ones just like Dorothy and Toto experienced at the conclusion of their journey home to Kansas in the Wizard of Oz.
- Be grateful that God has promised to never leave nor forsake you. Thank Him for the help of His indwelling Spirit in Christ.
- Thank Jesus for rescuing you from the kingdom of darkness and leading you in triumph in God’s Kingdom of Light.
Latest posts by Barbara Alpert (see all)
- Shine Like a Glow Stick | Wednesday | October 17 - October 17, 2018
- Detecting the Masqueraders| Tuesday | October 16 - October 16, 2018
- Heart, Mind, Courage – Part 3 | Saturday | October 6 - October 6, 2018