Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.
–Colossians 3:2 NIV
C.S. Lewis wrote, “The Christians who make the most difference in this present world are the ones who think most about the next.” Isn’t that the truth?
When “life happens,” do you find yourself running in circles trying to fix something or someone, determined to do the “right” thing only to find that you’ve done just the opposite?
Center your life on Jesus Christ’s sacrifice on the cross and that alone. Problems of this world will still come, but you will see them from a different perspective, resting in the blessed assurance that He has your life in His hands.
Dying to self, serving others, and reflecting the love of Jesus is the natural result of a Cross-centered life. Today, when you find your focus slipping, stop, breathe, and refocus on the Cross of Christ. You’ll be a better parent, spouse, employee, boss, and friend.
The rest of the Lewis quote reads, “Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in. Aim at earth and you get neither.” Aim for Heaven, Amen?!
- Thank God that focusing on Him can change each day, each moment, each interaction with friends, neighbors, co-workers.
- Ask Him if you’re “aiming” for heaven today or are there areas of life that you are trying to control and need to give back to Him.
Latest posts by Carol Lewis (see all)
- Lay It Down! | Wednesday | September 19 - September 19, 2018
- Intercession or Interference | Saturday | September 15 - September 15, 2018
- How’s Your Aim? - April 8, 2018