I waited and waited and waited for God. At last he looked; finally he listened. He lifted me out of the ditch, pulled me from deep mud. …He taught me how to sing the latest God-song, a praise-song to our God…
–Psalm 40:1-3 MSG
Do you feel stuck in a ditch that you don’t want to be in? Are you aware that the apostle Paul sang his way out of jail? Just like Paul, start praying, singing, and praising your way out of your situation. Prayer and praise moves God to begin to work in your circumstances, which will produce your personal God-song, a hymn of praise to Him.
If God has placed a new song in your mouth, do not allow anyone or anything to snatch it from you. Keep praising the Lord for all that He has done and is doing in your life. When you keep singing unto God, the new song that He has placed in your heart causes your foes to stay away. If the Holy Spirit moves you to dance, then dance; it’s a great way to keep enemies under your feet.
People with a new song in their hearts and a spring in their step don’t care what others think when they raise their hands and jump for joy in the assembly of others while worshiping God. To them, it’s as if they are singing and dancing to an audience of One, the Maker of their new song.
- Pray that God would fine tune your heart so that you can praise and worship Him for who He is and what He’s done in your life.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to compose a God-song within you that’ll have you dancing and singing to God no matter what’s taking place.
Latest posts by Barbara Alpert (see all)
- Shine Like a Glow Stick | Wednesday | October 17 - October 17, 2018
- Detecting the Masqueraders| Tuesday | October 16 - October 16, 2018
- Heart, Mind, Courage – Part 3 | Saturday | October 6 - October 6, 2018