Light-seeds are planted in the souls of God’s people, Joy-seeds are planted in good heart-soil.
–Psalm 97:11 MSG
On a scale of 1 to 10, what has your joy level been lately? Has it been registering in the lower digits? If so, perhaps it’s time for you to reach beyond yourself and bless someone else. Here’s an acronym of the word JOY—Jesus, Others, Yourself.
Jesus – May the JOY of Jesus be your strength (Nehemiah 8:10).
Others – Love OTHERS as the Lord would have you love them (Matthew 22:39).
Yourself – You are created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that you should walk in them (Ephesians 2:10).
When you take your mind off yourself and focus on Jesus and on others, your joy will increase. Today, choose to arise and decide to plant some Joy-seeds in the lives of others. In return, you’ll hit higher digits on your inner joy scale while reaching outward to bless others.
Here are a few suggestions you may want to try: lend a helping hand to a neighbor in need; treat someone to lunch; offer encouraging words to someone feeling down; volunteer at a local food bank; purchase a gift card and hand it to a homeless person.
- Pray that the Joy of the Lord will sustain you through whatever you’re facing.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to show you someone to whom you can be a joyful blessing.
Latest posts by Barbara Alpert (see all)
- Shine Like a Glow Stick | Wednesday | October 17 - October 17, 2018
- Detecting the Masqueraders| Tuesday | October 16 - October 16, 2018
- Heart, Mind, Courage – Part 3 | Saturday | October 6 - October 6, 2018