Furthermore, because we are united with Christ, we have received an inheritance from God, for he chose us in advance…
–Ephesians 1:11 NLT
Your confidence in the Lord builds on remembering what Jesus accomplished on the cross, having a growing relationship with God, and knowing that His Spirit lives within you. Let the acronym of the name “Jesus” remind you of what Christ did for you and what He is doing within you.
J – Justified. At the moment of salvation, you are declared righteous. You’re made right with God through faith. Because of Jesus’ bloodshed, God sees you as unblemished.
E – Eternal Life. You can remain confident that in God’s timing you will enter Heaven where you will reside with Him for all eternity.
S – Sins forgiven. When you repent, God remembers your sin no more. You are also sanctified, meaning you’re set apart from the world to be used by God for His Kingdom purposes.
U – United with God. Because of what Jesus did on the cross, you can confidently approach God’s throne and boldly speak to Him. You have complete access to your Heavenly Father.
S – Spirit of God. The Holy Spirit encourages, equips, and empowers you for godly living and good works. As you remain connected to Jesus, His attributes flow through you, which gives you the ability to make an impact in the lives of others.
- Thank Jesus for all that He has accomplished on the cross for you and others who trust in Him.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to guide, encourage, equip, and empower you for God’s Kingdom work here on earth as in Heaven.
Latest posts by Barbara Alpert (see all)
- Shine Like a Glow Stick | Wednesday | October 17 - October 17, 2018
- Detecting the Masqueraders| Tuesday | October 16 - October 16, 2018
- Heart, Mind, Courage – Part 3 | Saturday | October 6 - October 6, 2018