But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called “Today,” so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness.
–Hebrews 3:13 NIV
Has someone been on your mind lately? If so, have you reached out to them? If not, why? Too busy? Keep forgetting? Been procrastinating for whatever reason?
Realize there’s a reason why God places people on your mind. You may not know the full extent of what they are facing, but reaching out to them may be the highlight of their day and the words they needed to hear to get through the situation. They may well be at a critical breaking point and on the verge of making a bad choice by giving into the enemy’s deceitfulness.
Out of love, concern, and obedience to God, while it is called “today,” connect with that person and give a hearty boost of encouragement. There are many ways to connect and check-in on someone. Give the person a phone call or make arrangements to meet for lunch or perhaps to take a refreshing walk. What matters is that you connect—like our opening scripture says, “as long as it is called ‘Today.’” You may hold the truth that can help!
- Thank God for being aware of those who need hope and that He typically uses and works via His people to encourage them.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to give you wisdom when sharing with the person God placed on your mind.
Latest posts by Barbara Alpert (see all)
- Family Feud of Harmony | Tuesday | September 18 - September 18, 2018
- Let Christ Shine Through You | Sunday | September 16 - September 16, 2018
- Like Play-Doh in His Hands | Friday | September 14 - September 14, 2018