…You have forsaken the love you had at first. Consider how far you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first….
–Revelation 2:4-5 NIV
Do you have memory loss? Do you forget things God has done for you? Do you forget where you came from? Zechariah 1:3 (NKJV) says, “Return to Me,” says the Lord of hosts “and I will return to you.”
Keeping a praise journal is a wonderful way to remember all that the Lord does for you. You can retrace your steps to where you went astray and call upon the Lord as you did at the first. The love of Christ is to be the motivator of your good works. The quantity doesn’t matter, it’s the quality of the good works.
Hebrews 10:32 (NKJV) says to recall the former days in which, after you were illuminated, you endured a great struggle with sufferings. God through His Holy Spirit is with you. He illuminates your life with His Word. Stay in it, and don’t forget.
- Lord, may my ear be attentive to Your wisdom and understanding. May I search for it as for hidden treasures.
- Father, help me to seek Your refreshing presence.
Latest posts by Denise Varga (see all)
- Worship in Spirit and in Truth | Saturday | October 13 - October 13, 2018
- Are You Fueling Up? | Sunday | October 7 - October 7, 2018
- Are You a Disciple? | Monday | September 10 - September 10, 2018