I urge you, brothers and sisters, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them.
–Romans 16:17 NIV
The Old and New Testaments have many stories about the obstacles to a relationship with God. Some of these obstacles include Adam and Eve’s choice to disobey, building the tower of Babel to glorify humans rather than God, and the patriarchal stories in Genesis 12–50.
God with His perfect plan overcomes and demonstrates His mastery. Many believers find that when they are determined to follow God, they immediately encounter great obstacles.
The apostles share many stories in the Bible of the obstacles they encountered when following Jesus. When you face a test, don’t try to second-guess what God is doing. Use the intelligence He gave you and wait for new opportunities. Don’t let the cares of the day, the stresses of the moment and the worries of tomorrow interfere with your relationship with God.
Don’t live your Christianity by going through the motions. You will be exposed to false teachings and doctrines in your walk with God. Don’t be fooled. 2 Timothy 2:15 (NKJV) tells you to “Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.”
- Pray that you will always be ready to give an answer about the reason for the hope you have. (1 Peter 3:15 NIV)
- Ask God to help you not be a stumbling block to anyone. (2 Corinthians 6:3 NIV)
Latest posts by Denise Varga (see all)
- The World | Friday | November 16 - November 16, 2018
- There is No Such Thing | Friday | November 9 - November 9, 2018
- Worship in Spirit and in Truth | Saturday | October 13 - October 13, 2018