Therefore, to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin. – James 4:17 NKJV
When we see someone in need, what is our first reaction? We must seize those opportunities to serve the Lord in both great and small ways. Every day we will encounter these divine appointments; let us not waste these chances to show God’s love to others.
Luke 12:42-48 tells us to take advantage of the opportunities we have been given. These opportunities can vanish instantly, so we need to be ready to help as soon as we see a need. A sin of omission is a failure to do the right thing. Romans 2:13 says, “For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God’s sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous.”
When we know someone needs help or assistance and turn away, that is an example of knowing what the right thing is and not doing it. We, as born-again Christians, are held to a higher standard—God’s standards!
- Ask God to give you opportunities to help others just as Jesus helped everyone He encountered.
- Ask God to fill you with His love and help you show it to those around you.
Latest posts by Denise Varga (see all)
- So Very Thankful For So Much | Tuesday | November 20 - November 20, 2018
- The World | Friday | November 16 - November 16, 2018
- There is No Such Thing | Friday | November 9 - November 9, 2018