A prudent person sees trouble coming and ducks; a simpleton walks in blindly and is clobbered.
–Proverbs 27:12 MSG
When danger is coming toward you, your first reaction should be to detour, but it’s easy to get sidetracked. You live in a distracting world that captures your attention. It could be an emotional or intentional struggle that takes you down the wrong path. Your lack of attentiveness gives you pleasure for a short time, but it moves you away from what is really important.
Psalm 119:37 (MSG) tells you, “God, teach me lessons for living so I can stay on course….” Focus your attention on God’s Word. Be aware, don’t drift or walk around blindly. Stick to the course your loving Father is laying before—you’ll never be on the wrong path when you follow Him.
- Pray for God to help you keep your focus on Him.
- Ask Holy Spirit to guide you along the right path.
Latest posts by Rosemary Valentino (see all)
- Your Story Isn’t Finished | Thursday | September 13 - September 13, 2018
- Love, Redemption, and Hope | Tuesday | August 14 - August 14, 2018
- Sing to the Lord! | Monday | August 13 - August 13, 2018