Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends. -Revelation: 3:20 NLT
There is much confusion between being religious and having a relationship. There is no intimacy in being religious. Relationship is intimate and personal. When you are in a relationship you want to learn all you can about the person – spend quality time, communicate on a regular basis and be accountable. How do you know which one applies to you?
- How much time do you spend in the word? (Learning)
- Do you set aside prayer time each day? (Quality Time)
- Do you turn to Jesus in times of trouble? (Communication)
- Do you easily forgive people who have wronged you? (Accountability)
Jesus left His heavenly throne and came into the world for you. He does not want you to be religious. He is looking for a relationship with you. He calls you friend.
- Thank your heavenly Father for sending His son to pay your debt.
- Pray for the Holy Spirit to lead and guide you in your walk.