“Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends.” -Revelation 3:20 NLT
There is much confusion between being religious and having a relationship. There is no intimacy in being religious. Relationship is intimate and personal. When you are in a relationship you want to learn all you can about the person, spend quality time and communicate on a regular basis. Do you know which one relates to you?
- How much time do you spend in the word? (Learning)
- Do you set aside prayer time each day? (Quality Time)
- Do you turn to Jesus in times of trials and triumphs? (Communication)
Jesus left His heavenly throne and came into the world for you. He is not looking for you to be religious. He is looking to have a relationship with you. He calls you friend.
- Thank your heavenly Father for sending His son to pay your debt.
- Pray for a deeper relationship with Jesus.