Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour.
–1 peter 5:8 NLT
If you enjoy fishing, you know that sometimes you catch fish with live bait, while other times you use lures. If the fish falls for the bait, he is more or less a goner. He’s snatched from his thriving environment, placed in a bucket, and is held captive for whatever comes next.
If the fish didn’t fall for the alluring bait, he remains free to live in the water. If you don’t use caution when temptations come, you’ll fall prey to the enemy. Stay alert at all times so no form of enticement can entrap you. It’s vital that you watch for the ever-so-subtle temptations that come your way.
Choose to stay away from the alluring enemy’s hook, so you don’t end up in a bucket of dire consequences. God’s Word says, “So humble yourselves before God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come close to God, and God will come close to you….” (James 4:7-8 NLT).
Daily we must stay close to God, resist temptation, and choose the best life for you and your loved ones. Remember, momentary pleasures never outweigh future blessings God offers to those who overcome temptation and follow His ways of living. Always remain God’s child.
- God, help me truly to see what certain bait(s) the enemy dangles in front of me. Holy Spirit, give me the strength to resist.
- God, reveal to me in what ways I’ve been forfeiting Your best for my life in exchange for momentary pleasures.
Latest posts by Barbara Alpert (see all)
- Family Feud of Harmony | Tuesday | September 18 - September 18, 2018
- Let Christ Shine Through You | Sunday | September 16 - September 16, 2018
- Like Play-Doh in His Hands | Friday | September 14 - September 14, 2018