But seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. -Matthew 6:33 NKJV
Do you find yourself consumed by other people’s lives? Overwhelmed with someone else’s problems and begging God to fix them? Are you losing yourself in the process?
Putting the needs of those you love over your own is a way that SEEMS right, but if it is not out of the OVERFLOW of what you have allowed God to pour into you-you will find yourself angry, fearful, frustrated, pressured, and unfulfilled.
Matthew 6:32-33 is clear. It says, “your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things”—and follows with a command and a promise—“But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.”
What your loved ones ultimately need is for you and the way you live your life to point to Jesus, the only One who truly can supply all of their needs. He knows their needs too, and He’s got this. Make finding time to seek Him your priority; then you’ll see that everything, and everyone, else will begin to fall into place.
- Continue to seek God with a genuine, loving heart and trust that He will supply all your needs.
- Ask Holy Spirit to fill your day with grace to be a friend who cares for the needs of others with love and joy.
Latest posts by Carol Lewis (see all)
- Lay It Down! | Wednesday | September 19 - September 19, 2018
- Intercession or Interference | Saturday | September 15 - September 15, 2018
- How’s Your Aim? - April 8, 2018