Let the message about Christ, in all its richness, fill your lives. Teach and counsel each other with all the wisdom he gives. Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts. – Colossians 3:16 NLT
Do you hesitate to sing in a church service? You may think you’re really not the singing type. Don’t worry about how your voice sounds. Even if your voice is not one that would be heard on the stage, your praise is music to God’s ears. He delights in your songs of thanksgiving and praise.
You are giving God the praise He deserves when you sing. A singing heart is a heart lifted to heaven. It has a way of bringing soul, mind, and heart together to help you focus on God. As Psalm 98:4 (NLT) says, “Shout to the Lord, all the earth; break out in praise and sing for joy!”
Some Christians believe that they are not musical, so they cannot praise God. You may be one of these people. Perhaps you were even told that you do not have a good voice. Don’t be discouraged. You are still lifting your voice to your heavenly Father. Singing is more a matter of your heart than your voice. So, shout your praises and sing unto the Lord. He thinks your voice sounds just fine.
- Thank God for giving you the ability to praise Him! And remember what Psalm 95:1 (NLT) tells you, “Come, let us sing for joy to the LORD! Let us shout joyfully to the Rock of our salvation.”
- Praise God that He loves to hear the voices of His children.
Latest posts by Rosemary Valentino (see all)
- Your Story Isn’t Finished | Thursday | September 13 - September 13, 2018
- Love, Redemption, and Hope | Tuesday | August 14 - August 14, 2018
- Sing to the Lord! | Monday | August 13 - August 13, 2018