“…Go out into the world uncorrupted, a breath of fresh air in this squalid and polluted society. Provide people with a glimpse of good living and of the living God…”
–Philippians 2:14-16 MSG
The holidays can be a joyless time for individuals—especially those who have never experienced the joy that comes with knowing Christ. What’s the solution in turning someone’s frown into a smile? The answer is simple—just smile and be a breath of fresh air to them.
The Value of a Smile: “It costs nothing, but creates much. It enriches those who receive it, without impoverishing those who give it. It happens in a flash, and the memory of it sometimes lasts forever. None are so rich that they can get along without it, and none so poor but are richer for its benefits. It creates happiness in the home, and fosters good will in business. It is rest to the weary, daylight to the discouraged, sunshine to the sad, and nature’s best antidote for trouble. Yet it cannot be bought, begged, borrowed, or stolen, for it is no earthly good until it is given away” (Anonymous).
Today, give away as many smiles as possible. Make someone’s day brighter and cause the person’s heart to be joyous. “A cheerful look brings joy to the heart; good news makes for good health” (Proverbs 15:30 NLT).
- Give thanks to God for His provisions and the many blessings that come from His face shining upon you and your loved ones.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to let you know who needs a smile, hug, and a word of encouragement today. Pray for a cheerful heart.
Latest posts by Barbara Alpert (see all)
- Shine Like a Glow Stick | Wednesday | October 17 - October 17, 2018
- Detecting the Masqueraders| Tuesday | October 16 - October 16, 2018
- Heart, Mind, Courage – Part 3 | Saturday | October 6 - October 6, 2018