So is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.
–Isaiah 55:11 NIV
How beautiful is the word Amen. It is the finality to a prayer, a belief that what has been petitioned in that prayer has been done. A finished work! Such is the power of God’s Word. It never comes back void.
When we pray to God for our needs or praise Him for His victory in any circumstance, the period to the sentence is Amen.
No matter what you are facing today, know that God hears your prayer and you have the knowledge of knowing that His answer is to mercifully protect and provide for you in every way possible.
By uttering the simple word Amen at the end of your conversation, you are saying to Him that you have faith in that very thing.
Father, thank You for today and the opportunity to pray! To celebrate Your victory and promise! In Your Word You say, “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.” (Matthew 7:7 NIV) We come before You as Your children in gratitude and praise to thank You for the answers to our prayers.
It is done.
So be it.
In Jesus’ name.
- Father, thank You for today and the opportunity to have a conversation with You and know that my voice is heard.
- By saying Amen, Father, I believe in Your Word and Your promise. You will give me the best answer to my prayer in Your mercy.
Latest posts by Dave Thomas (see all)
- Let the Son Shine Brightly! | Wednesday | September 26 - September 26, 2018
- Light of the World! | Sunday | September 9 - September 9, 2018
- When You Know You Know - July 23, 2018