But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
–Isaiah 40:31 KJV
Once upon a time, a baby bird fell out of his nest. No matter how much he fluttered, he didn’t have the ability to lift himself up. Not desiring to see the bird left as prey, a passerby scooped him up and placed him into its nest. During the fall, the bird hurt its wings, which delayed his ability to fly.
While recovering, his parents provided shelter, food, and companionship. Eventually he became well and able to fly. Have you been dealing with an illness that has you feeling down? Or have you been hurting a long time, unable to carry on in your body as you once did?
Perhaps you’re asking, “Why God? Why Me?” God hasn’t forgotten you. He knows what you’re facing and wants you to find rest, nourishment and healing. Psalm 91:4 (NLT) says, “He will cover you with his feathers. He will shelter you with his wings.”
God promises that those who wait upon Him shall renew their strength. May your spirit soar to greater heights with God while your soul and body recuperate under His care. God may not heal your earthbound body, but He promises that when Christ returns you’ll be given a new resurrected body.
- Ask God to give you the inner strength needed to deal with whatever health issue you are facing.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to help you to draw closer to God as you patiently wait for Christ’s return and your resurrected body.
Latest posts by Barbara Alpert (see all)
- Family Feud of Harmony | Tuesday | September 18 - September 18, 2018
- Let Christ Shine Through You | Sunday | September 16 - September 16, 2018
- Like Play-Doh in His Hands | Friday | September 14 - September 14, 2018