But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.
–Matthew 6:6 ESV
Similar to your natural instinct to run if your clothes catch on fire, you might run from your problems or try to fix them on your own. When you exclude God, you run the risk of intensifying your problems. For this reason, it’s wise for you to stop, drop, and pray.
If you need protection or provisions…stop, drop, and pray.
If you need discernment or direction…stop, drop, and pray.
God desires that you run and talk to Him first about the situation you are facing. Stop, drop, and pray is a great safety technique to overcome the enemy, to obtain victory in your life, and to see God’s promises come to be.
Stop – “But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well” (Matthew 6:33 NIV).
Drop – “Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you” (1 Peter 5:7 NIV).
Pray – “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God” (Philippians 4:6 NIV).
May you incorporate stop, drop, and pray into your daily walk with God, so He can guide and protect you in all circumstances that come your way.
- God, help me to learn how to stop, drop, and pray to You when troubles arise in my life and those around me.
- God, use me to teach others how to stop, drop, and pray instead of trying to fix their problems on their own or running to others first.
Latest posts by Barbara Alpert (see all)
- Shine Like a Glow Stick | Wednesday | October 17 - October 17, 2018
- Detecting the Masqueraders| Tuesday | October 16 - October 16, 2018
- Heart, Mind, Courage – Part 3 | Saturday | October 6 - October 6, 2018