If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God whom we serve is able to save us. He will rescue us from your power, Your Majesty.
–Daniel 3:17 NLT
When Jehoiakim was King of Judah, King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon invaded Judah. King Nebuchadnezzar was known for his military might and his important role in Jewish history.
In the Bible, the book of Daniel tells of three Jewish boys who were taken captive by King Nebuchadnezzar. The king wanted young men who were strong, smart, and handsome to be trained in his royal court. These three young men were given pagan names: Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego.
Nebuchadnezzar created a gold statue of himself and required all people to bow down to the statue; but Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego refused. The king had them thrown into a blazing hot furnace. When the king looked into the furnace he saw four men, not three. They were walking around untouched by the flames. The true God was with them in the fire. They were saved because of their strong faith.
You may not be in a physical fire, but your situation can feel just as real. God is right there with you. He promises to be with you always. You serve the one true God who is able to deliver you from problems and trials. You are never alone through the fires of life.
- Thank the Lord for always being with you during difficult times.
- Thank God that when things look hopeless, He strengthens you with His mercy and grace.
Latest posts by Rosemary Valentino (see all)
- Your Story Isn’t Finished | Thursday | September 13 - September 13, 2018
- Love, Redemption, and Hope | Tuesday | August 14 - August 14, 2018
- Sing to the Lord! | Monday | August 13 - August 13, 2018