And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
–Romans 12:2 NKJV
Has someone ever asked you, “What are you thinking?” “Thinking” is defined as the process of using one’s mind to consider or reason about something. Your mind is always processing the thoughts coming into it. What are you using to filter those thoughts? Mark Twain wrote, “What a wee little part of a person’s life are his acts and his words. His real life is led in his head and is known to none but himself.”
All sin begins in your thoughts—Jesus told you in Mark 7:20-21 (NIV), “… what comes out of a person is what defiles them. For it is from within, out of a person’s heart, that evil thoughts come ….” No one commits outward sins without first having committed them in their mind.
Paul tells you to develop a Christian thought life by reading the Word daily. If you want to grow in your Christian walk, if you want to win the battle over sin on the level of your thoughts, read the Word regularly, ask God to help you internalize what you’re reading, and soon your heart, and thoughts, will be transformed!
- Pray to keep your heart and thoughts in line with God’s will (see Proverbs 4:23).
- Pray to remember the truth of God’s Word, just as Jesus did (see Matthew 4:1-11).
Latest posts by Denise Varga (see all)
- Worship in Spirit and in Truth | Saturday | October 13 - October 13, 2018
- Are You Fueling Up? | Sunday | October 7 - October 7, 2018
- Are You a Disciple? | Monday | September 10 - September 10, 2018