The seed falling on rocky ground refers to someone who hears the word and at once receives it with joy. But since they have no root, they last only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, they quickly fall away. -Matthew 13:20-21 NIV
Your thoughts have a great influence on your peace. Your thoughts become ideas, ideas become words, and words become action. If you are thinking positive things, as it says to do in Philippians 4:8, then your actions will echo. But if you are listening to the father of lies and begin to count his words as truth, then you will fall into his death trap. Satan wants to bring you harm and destruction but God wants to give you life to the fullest (John 10:10).
If you’re not careful about what you are thinking, you could be headed down a dangerous road. So how do we get ourselves back on track?
1) Keep First Things First. God expects you to keep Him first, (Matthew 6:33).
2) Be accountable for your thoughts. You have been given the authority and instruction to take your thoughts captive and ensure they align with God’s Word, (2 Corinthians 10:5).
3) Ask, Seek, Knock. Matthew 7:7-8 promises that when we ask it will be given to us; when we seek, we will find; and when we knock, the doors will be opened to us.
The enemy can’t ruin your life when you are walking in God’s authority. It’s time to start taking negative thoughts captive and speaking truth over your life!
- Thank God that He has supplied you with everything you need.
- Pray that you would think about what you are thinking about and if it doesn’t line up with God’s Truths, you would discard it.